Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of eTs Clan

2 posters

How to mod! BASICS

itsmei
    itsmei
    Admin

How to mod! BASICS Empty How to mod! BASICS

Post  itsmei Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey, i know not many people know how to mod and i want to share how to do it. I will start off with very simple coding.

1st off please download this program:
    http://www.fileplanet.com/131738/130000/fileinfo/Mod-Development-Toolkit-Version-2.0-Beta-K

2nd you will need to download this(it will be explained later):
    http://rapidshare.com/files/411905196/Hellendoorn_003.rfa

Once you have downloaded both get your second download which should be called hellendoorn_003.rfa. Open where you battlefield directory is. Mine is C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons of WWII Demo. There should be lots of files, go to mods then click on xpack2 then click on Archives, then Bf1942 then Levels. There should already be a hellendoorn.rfa there put the hellendoorn_003.rfa you downloaded there. Now there will be hellendoorn.rfa and hellendoorn_003.rfa, what this basicly is, when battlefield loads up it goes to the highest number, this is 003. It will now read that level not the old level. Now you can go to the next step...

Once you have downloaded the 1st download that is called Mod Development Toolkit Version, install it and click on it and it will have 12 buttons each containing different things. Click on the one which is called WinRFA. When you click on it a window will pop up with 2 white boxes and a bar at the top saying: File Extract Pack and Select. Both of the large boxes should be blank. Now go up to File and then go to Open, remember where you saved the hellendoorn_003.rfa in the levels folder. Go to there and click on hellendoorn_003.rfa. A load of words should pop up, scroll down to whatever you kind of map you want to mod, for example if you want to mod a team deathmatch go to TDM or Singleplayer go to singlplayer. So for the demo which we are doing go to
    bf1942/levels/Hellendoorn/TDM/ObjectSpawnTemplates.con. CLick on it and on the bottom box there should be more writing. The bottom box shows everything that is being spawned on the game. As you can see if will mention all the cars and vehicles in the game. Scoll down to the bottom and then write

ObjectTemplate.Active Bazooka
    ObjectTemplate.reloadtime 0.1

The 1st line tells the game that you want to modify the bazooka.
    The 2nd line is what you want to modify.

This will make the bazooka's reload time really short.
    Once you have written this click save Changes. Go and click on battlefield, once it has loaded go to Create Game and test out your new bazooka. This will not work for online servers, only your servers.

If you want me to teach you more and tell you more codes please say.

Have fun modding Very Happy. Please do not take credit for this post, this is 100% done by itsmei!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

How to mod! BASICS Empty Re: How to mod! BASICS

Post  Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm

how to spawn vehicles? make the goblin fast?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:51 pm

I got IT thnx for the help. Best tutorial EVER!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:49 am